Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vintage Arm Candy...vintage bracelets


Vintage arm candy is the name of my second store, that will open 2011, if I can get it together.The store will consist of unique handpicked one of a kind bracelets and handbags, from the 20's-80's. Each piece will be unique,eye popping ,candy colored and edgy. I love collecting bracelets, from bangles to charms, costume,sterling silver,gold,Bakelite and precious stones.This summer I've been on the hunt, hope to find more Bakelite pieces, one of my faves, but very hard to find.

Bakelite bracelets my fave


If you don't know what Bakelite is , let me tell you.Bakelite is an early plastic(thermosetting phenol formaldehyde resin), developed in 1907–1909 by Belgian chemist Dr. Leo Baekeland. Bakelite was used for a variety of things, such as cases for radios, telephones, kitchenware, and toys. But in the 20's and 30's Bakelite was mostly used for jewelry, from bracelets, pins to earrings. This form of jewelry is the most sought out collectible right now. You can find many pieces of Bakelite jewelry on eBay and in vintage shops, just make sure you are paying for the real thing.


Here are some of my favorite vintage bracelets sold



 

Vintage Arm Candy shop preview

vintage 40's swirl bracelet







      




No comments:

Post a Comment